Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide provides information resources that will assist you in your study and research in Chemistry. There is a range of learning tools to help you to develop your research and study skills. Refer to the above blue tabs to access books, journals, databases.
Where to find information for your assignments or research projects?
- Find synonyms, antonyms, meaning of words, using Thesaurus available at Dictionary.com
Exercise on evaluating information sources
Chemistry exercise on evaluating information sources
- Using library Ebscohost database find at least one article on chemistry careers and complete the research evaluation form
- Using Credo reference or encyclopedia Britannica find the definition of chemistry and complete the worksheet
- Search Google books for fundamental of analytical chemistry 9th edition and complete the worksheet
Please number your answers in the worksheet
Google Scholar for Journal Articles...
Information Literacy Course
PLEASE NOTE: Information literacy modules listed below are designed to enable students to recognize the value of information and use it to make informed choices in their personal, professional and academic lives. The information literacy course is aimed at empowering students to:
- effectively access,
- synthesize and apply information from a variety of sources and formats in a variety of contexts
Notes on Five information literacy modules
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Bellville, 7535, + 27 21 959 6948
Faculty Librarian: Applied Sciences