Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Book Lending Services
Book lending – for all CPUT users
- Undergraduates – 6 bks for 14 days plus 2 renewals
- Post graduates – 12 bks for 30 days plus 2 renewals
- Staff - 24 bks for 60 days plus 2 renewals
- How to borrow books and other items from the library? browse through this guide
Inter-Brach Loan (IBL) - allow users to request library items with CPUT branches
How to request articles, books that are not available at CPUT libraries?
- The Interlibrary loan (ILL) service allow researchers to place requests for materials not available at CPUT libraries. Please note that this service is only available to postgraduate students.
How to get new books?
Literature search tools
Where to start?
Theses and Dissertations - National and International
Library databases, journals, books and other useful resources are accessible through:
- Topic search for scholarly articles, books and other sources is through library search tool
- Search across CPUT databases or individual faculty databases and journals organised according to core and multi-disciplinary subjects
- To verify if we access to journal articles use the journal search or ISSN to search by journal title see example here
- Search Scopus / Elsevier database, an accredited research, abstract and citation analysis tool that provides bibliometric data for university rankings
- The above search box is a good place to start searching Libraries' multidisciplinary databases .
- Library has Resources by Subjects and this makes it easy to find subject specific information resources for the course or topic
- CPUT Institutional Repository collects, preserves and distributes a growing collection of research outputs that include peer-reviewed articles, conferences, presentations, book chapters, OER's, data-sets and more. that contain all CPUT research output
Research Data Management Plan
Data Management Plan
CPUT Data Management Plan (DMP) is the university’s data management planning tool. It provides tailored guidance and examples to help researchers write data management plans. Funders require Data Management Plan (DMP) and data sharing. Create your own data management plan using CPUT Data Management Plan Tool.
Research data management / Finding, Creating, and Using Data
Research Data Management governs the process of research data creation, organisation, discovery, storage, sharing and security. Manage data more effectively following these steps:
- Step 1: Development of a research plan
- Step 2: Review of data sets
- Step 3: Data collection and storage
- Step 4: Publication of research data
- Step 5: Training and support
eSango (Research Data Repositories)
Researchers can store and publish research data through
Browse through a list of research data repositories by re3data.org as well as Data Cite registry to find datasets, software, images, and more research material.
For support and guidance Contact RDM office